Bismillah.
Yesterday, I turned a year older. Finally certified legal to watch M18 movies! Birthdays being birthdays, of course, girlfriends go out! But I never knew these pranksters have got something up their sleeves, including the mister himself too!
Weeks before my birthday, I ever mentioned to my girls - Baba, Huda, Farah and Radyia that we'll go out shopping and have a good talk over dinner together and this meet-up was very major to me cause to have all five of us sit down and have dinner was rather hard ever since we each took different commitments other than work such as school, we became busy supremo! I even told Hedir that it was an all-girls event so he aint supposed to join us hahaha that was just being mean, I know.
Like any other girls' clique, we manage our own group chat on WhatsApp/ws. The plan was to meet up at Pasir Ris so Huda, Baba and I met up for coffee first. The sweet one, Huda, came with a sunflower for me! Ahhh I wasn't the flowers kinda person but there was once I was at work with her and I went round the whole flowerfield in search of a sunflower! So this sweetheart guessed well!
Oh, I was early. Before Baba and Huda came, Radyia bailed out on us saying she has to stay on at school till late and couldn't join us. Farah - worst case situation ever. She didn't even showed up on the group chat! I was like "Eh kesian pe aku." I never thought this was part of the plan! The surprise plan.
While Huda, Baba and I were having coffee, Baba's ummi called her up to meet at Bedok. She totally forgot that Baba was meeting up with some friends today and the matter was rather urgent so we just had to follow suit. Actually I was okay with anything, we could hang out anywhere but it didnt feel complete without the whole clan altogether. Having met Baba's ummi, we went to have late lunch at Pastamania. Now is the real deal - read on.
While we were having lunch, I wasn't suspicious of anything at all since these two were such good, pretentious yet beautiful people for the day! I dont normally finish my food quick since I always have some story-telling to do, so Huda and Baba just had to listen to me blabber away. The topic was rather serious but Huda kept laughing when she looked behind my shoulder, like as if something funny just happened. So when I turned around, I only saw the escalator and nothing else. So nothing was funny? Yea nothing. Well not yet!
When I turned back to face Huda and Baba, I heard voices singing "Happy Birthday" and they all sounded familiar. The first person I saw was Hedir with the cake, then Radyia and Farah coming along. I really thought these three couldn't make it since earlier during the day Radyia said she had school and oh yes Hedir said he's going to the gym. That morning, he didnt even wish me happy birthday so yea imagine how broken I was - on your 18th birthday your boyfriend decides to go to the gym. I actually fell for it because when it comes to gym, he's very serious. Yea I know I said it was an all girls' event but he didn't even wish me so that was the big deal! Radyia turned up, that made half of my day cause it was so hard to meet up with the princess. Farah too! Not replying texts was the worst she has done!
Two of our boys, Sufi and Hafizam are currently serving the nation so they obviously couldn't make it. But later that night, I received a text from Sufi. Being an elder brother, obviously he remembers my birthday. I actually was touched that he wasn't around but a text somehow made me miss him. I miss Hafizam too, no doubt!
So that was it. That was my 18th birthday, thank you guys for the whole surprise plan, the cake and the gifts. I love each and everyone of you to the moon and back. The little one is finally 18. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment