Tuesday, 14 April 2015

+358 Bound, 8 Days Apart.

Dear Hamka,

We are separated again, for the sake of your dreams. It's hard, I won't deny that. I realised sending someone off was a painful process. Even packing your luggage away burns me. I don't even know if you're gonna be okay with the weather over there, or how you'd like the food, if I've tucked in enough jackets and pullovers to keep you warm, and if you'll ever come home to me safely. I fear so many things yet you see me so confident that I'll be fine on my own here.

Indeed, I am doing fine. Just not great compared to the last few hours we spent together before you took flight. The little while we had at home and small talks over dinner was a catch-up much needed after all the squabbling we dealt with the past few weeks. I haven't spent so much time looking at your face and hearing you out about how tedious the packing phase was for you. I came to help when you needed me to because that was the least I could do since I couldn't bring myself to wish you farewell at the departure hall that night. And on top of that, I still care, pretty much a lot. 

We're just moments away from reuniting again. I can't wait to welcome you home, you've been too far a tad bit too long I'm starting to feel lonely. It's not nice to know that you suffered various injuries while you're there and I'm nowhere near to nurse you. But it's comforting that my calendar has been updating me of your homecoming - IT'S VERY SOON, BABE.

I'm anticipating the safety your arms can assure me, everywhere else is scary. Soon enough, I won't have to wait up till the wee hours of the morning to receive a phone call. Time difference sucks, you're lucky I wasn't a whiny little bitch throughout. 

Just come home already, please. I promise I won't punch you. I promise after you arrive, you won't want to leave again. Because only with me do you get free cuddles, massages, hugs and kisses. Come home soon, I can't wait to spoil you. ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment