Tuesday, 27 January 2015

January, 2015.

Its coming to an end, January.

You have been tiring. You have squeezed the last ounce of my little energy dry. You have brought me to places I never knew I could set foot on. You have separated me from the people I love most within such little time. You too have brought new souls to unite with mine. Ultimately, you have taught me precious lessons on my journey to becoming twenty.

I began the month rather peacefully. Now, I'm moments away from my fifth camp. And honestly, I am still as ecstatic as when I did my first camp with my old company back in August. For the next 3D2N, I'm about to embark on a painstaking, heartwrenching, mind-boggling journey with another group of dedicated trainers and 15 years-old campers. 

I have been tirelessly slaving myself to this job just because I am in love with the taste of self-satisfaction at the end of it. Without a doubt, I do not enjoy being away from my loved ones. 3D2N may not seem long to one, but its endless horror to another. As much I dig being able to travel to places I've never gazed upon, I do miss being in the comfort of my own bed in sweats, with the liberty of taking naps whenever I feel like it. I miss having so much free time to watch my man train at least once a week. I miss having impromptu plans with my friends for lunch and dinner or just coffee. Time was never on my side since I started working, all my plans had to be discussed days or even weeks ahead just so I make sure nothing clashes. 

Despite convincing myself of having such brilliant time allocation and organisation, I struggled with setting my priorities right. Without realising it, I was too carried away with camping day in day out, I havent set aside a day for Hamka and I, till he had to remind me he hasnt seen me for 3 close to 4 weeks. I lost track of time, I never knew my workaholic self was that stubborn to believe that I'll have the time to squeeze a humble dinner for the two of us between my off days, just before I leave again. Time can be made, of course. But energy can never be recuperated on my side. Once, he wanted to pick me up for dinner with friends a day after I broke from camp. I was still lethargic from the back-to-back camps, so I told him to proceed on without me. He asked me again before he left home and after he picked the other guys up if I really was sure on staying home for the night. Little did I know, he missed me and really hoped I changed my mind and joined them just for that night. I never took notice of the distance that was growing within us.

Its not always sunshine and rainbows in our arena. The weather has been a bitch to us, but I'm really glad we braved all the storms.

I'm just hoping he has the patience to wait for my return everytime I leave. And may God hold us even closer and tighter when He sends a hurricane as a test. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment